Bow Ties RecipeCategory: Chinese Dessert Recipes
This is really a great sweet treat for children and is very easy and quick to make.
1. Egg roll wrappers (1 package, 4 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches – each wrapper makes 2 bow ties)
2. Oil for deep-frying, as needed 4 – 6 cups
1. Brown sugar (1 cup)
2. Corn syrup (1/2 cup)
3. Honey (1/2 cup)
4. Water (1/2 cup)
Method Of Preparation:
1. Take the egg roll wrappers such that the shorter side comes on the left and right side and longer side is on the top and bottom. Now cut it from the top to bottom into 4 equal parts and insert the knife in the center of the cut pieces and make a slit of around ½ inch. Now by using two pieces make a bow tie.
2. Now take a wok and add the oil. Heat it and deep fry the ties( 5 at a time). Drain them well on the paper towel.
3. Now take the ingredients mentioned under the syrup and boil them in a pan for about 5 minutes. Now dip the bow ties in the boiling syrup and drain them well. Set aside. Let them cool and become hard and serve.
No. Of Servings:- 8-10