Candied Banana Fritters RecipeCategory: Chinese Dessert Recipes
1. Bananas, firm and not over ripe (5)
2. granulated sugar (1 1/2c)
3. oil (2tbsp)
4. all purpose flour (1c)
5. water (3/4c)
6. lightly beaten egg (1)
7. oil for deep frying (4c or as needed)
8. white sesame seeds (3 to 6 tbsp or according to taste)
9. ice cold water (2bowls)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take bananas, cut them into 1 ½ inch slices lengthwise. Take a bowl, add egg and water in it and then mix the flour in it to form a batter.
2. Take a deep frying pan, heat oil in it to 365 degrees F. Dip each banana slice with a fork into the batter and then coat the slice properly with the batter.
3. Then carefully put the battered banana slices into the hot oil in the pan. Deep fry them for about 3 minutes until they get golden brown and the batter gets crispy.
4. When the banana slices get fried then take out them from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain them on the paper napkins.
5. Caramelizing The Bananas; take 2 bowls fill with ice cold water and several ice cubes and place them in the freezer.
6. Take a pan, place it over medium heat. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in it and add ¾ cup of sugar in it and then cook it for about 5 minutes by stirring regularly until it gets golden brown color.
7. Take off the pan from heat and mix half of the sesame seeds in it and set out the ice bath. Place a banana slice in the sugar syrup and coat it properly.
8. Now place the banana in ice water for few second until the coating gets hardened and then place it in the sheet of wax paper. Make more banana slices like this.
9. Then caramelize the second half of bananas by repeating the same process and using the second ice bath. When the bananas fritters get ready then serve them.