Caramel Fried Apples Or Bananas RecipeCategory: Chinese Dessert Recipes
This recipe is a Chinese recipe which can be made at any time and is an ideal recipe for snacks.
1. Golden Delicious apples or Bananas (2)
2. All purpose flour (1/2 c)
3. Cornstarch (2 tbsp)
4. Baking powder (3/4 tsp)
5. Granulated sugar (2/3 c)
6. Sesame seeds (2 tsp)
7. Salad oil (1 tbsp)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a bowl and mix cornstarch, flour and baking powder with the help of water. Stir them until it becomes a smooth paste.
2. Peel apples or bananas and cut them. Cut apples into 3 wedges or bananas into half inch thick diagonal slices. Put it into the mixture and apply the mixture evenly on them. Coat it properly from all sides.
3. In the meantime add oil in the pan and heat it to 350 degrees. Now put the fruit pieces in the oil and deep fry it until it becomes golden brown in color. Remove them and drain them well on the paper towel.
4. Now oil a flat serving dish and set aside. Now take a bowl and put ice cubes in it. Fill it to brim, and pour the water. Now in a 10 inch frying pan add sugar, water and oil and stir it to blend well. Now heat it over high heat and when it begins to bubble continuously shake it to prevent burning.
5. Cook it until the syrup turns pale yellow in color and then immediately remove it from the gas and add sesame seeds and mix it. Drop the fruits inside it and coat the syrup evenly on the fruits. Immediately remove the fruit from the syrup and sip in the ice water so that coating harden and fruit is cooled down. Now serve it.
No. Of Servings: 6