Chinese Egg Tarts RecipeCategory: Chinese Dessert Recipes
1. Plain flour (250gms)
2. egg (1)
3. diced butter (140gms)
4. salt (1pinch)
5. cold water (2tbsp)
6. icing sugar (4tbsp)
1. Evaporated milk (100ml)
2. water (250ml)
3. vanilla extract (1/4tsp)
4. eggs (3)
5. caster sugar (150gms)
Method of preparation:-
1. First heat the oven to 200 C/ Gas mark 6. Take a large bowl, add flour and then mix salt in the flour. Then rub butter in it until the mixture becomes like coarse crumbs.
2. Take another bowl, put cold water in it and then beat egg in it. Now mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture to make soft dough. Wrap the dough and keep it for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Then make two halves of dough. Roll each half into 3mm thickness. Cut out 22 rounds with a cutter and then press them into the lightly greased tarts tin.
4. Take a saucepan, place it over low heat. Add water and sugar in it and cook it until the sugar gets dissolves to make syrup. Then take off the pan from heat and keep it aside to cool.
5. Take a large bowl, mix evaporated milk, egg and vanilla in it. Beat this mixture until it gets smooth. The strain the syrup in it and mix it and then pour it into the tarts cases.
6. Now place them in the oven and bake them for about 20 minutes until the pastry gets golden brown and the filling gets set.