Split Pea Pudding RecipeCategory: Chinese Dessert Recipes
1. Corn flour (2tbsp or 30ml)
2. brown sugar (1/2c or 100 Gms)
3. water (2 1/4c or 500ml)
4. split peas (1 1/2lb or 675gms)
5. maraschino cherries (4 oz or 100gms)
6. water (4tbsp or 60ml)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take split peas; soak them in water for overnight. Keep them to boil in the same water. Then cover the pan and keep it to simmer for about 2 hours until the peas get soft.
2. When the peas get soft then rub them through fine sieve and then mix in sugar. Then cook this mixture in a pan over very low heat.
3. Take a bowl, mix corn flour with water in it and then add it to he pan. Take a shallow rectangular cake tin, pour the mixture in it and keep it to cool. Then place it in the refrigerator until it gets chill and set. Now cut it into cubes and place the cubes in serving bowl. Decorate it with cherries and then serve it.