Creole Scented Caramelized Pineapple RecipeCategory: French Dessert Recipes
1. Sieved flour (50gms)
2. eggs (6)
3. sugar (300gms)
4. Sliced pineapples (1 medium size tin)
5. dark rum (10cl)
6. juice of (1lime)
7. brown sugar (50gms)
8. water (2tbsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a mixer or a food processor; add ¾ of the pineapple slices with their juice in it. Blend them for about 10 seconds.
2. Take a saucepan, place it over heat. Put the mixture in the pan and mix 300 grams of caster sugar in it and keep it to boil for about 5 minutes. Now add the rest of the ¼ of pineapple slices and cook for more 5 minutes until the liquid gets reduced.
3. Take off the pan from heat and keep it to cool until it gets lukewarm. Take a large mixing bowl, mix 50 grams of flour with lime juice and add 5 cl of rum in it. Mix it well and then add eggs in it. When the mixture gets blended properly then adds pineapple mixture in it. Mix it well with spatula.
4. For the Caramel; take a saucepan; put the rest of rum, 50 grams of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in it. Heat this mixture until it changes to golden color. Then pour it in the oven dish to cover the bottom and its sides. Keep it to cool for about half an hour.
5. Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Pour the pineapple mixture into the caramelized dish and cook it for 1 hour 30 minutes in bain marie. When it gets cooked then keep it for about half an hour. Serve it hot, cold or lukewarm in thick slices.
Number of servings – 6
More Dessert Recipes
- Exotic Fruit Flan Recipe
- Easy French Toast Recipe
- Succulent Spiced Roasted Apples with Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Charlotte With Mandarin Oranges (Charlotte Aux Oranges) Recipe
- French Sponge Layer Recipe
- French Peach Pie Recipe
- Apricot Pie (Tarte Alsacienne Aux Apricots) Recipe
- Sumptuous Poached Pears with Creamy Hot Chocolate Sauce Recipe