French Fruit Cake RecipeCategory: French Dessert Recipes, Fruit Dessert Recipes
1. All purpose flour (2tbsp)
2. golden raisins (1/2c)
3. raisins (1/2c)
4. coarsely chopped walnuts (1/2c)
5. candied orange peel (3/4c)
6. dark rum (2tbsp)
7. light cream (1 1/2tbsp)
8. eggs (2)
9. honey (2 1/2tbsp)
10. white sugar (1/2c)
11. butter, softened (1/2c)
12. baking powder (1/2tsp)
13. all purpose flour (1 1/2c)
14. vanilla extract (1tsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of flour, raisins, walnuts and orange peel in it and keep it aside.
2. Take a large bowl, beat honey, sugar and butter in it until the mixture becomes creamy. Beat eggs in it and then add milk or cream, vanilla and rum in it and beat the mixture again.
3. Take another bowl, mix rest of the 1 ½ cup of flour and baking powder in it. Add this flour mixture into the creamed mixture and beat it well. Then mix nuts and fruits in it.
4. Take a loaf pan of 9*5-inch, greased and floured it and pour the batter into the pan. Place the pan in oven and bake it for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
5. Then turn down the heat to 325 degrees F and bake it for about 45 minutes until the wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the cake on rack to cool. Now the French fruit cake is ready to serve.
Number of servings – 12
More Dessert Recipes
- Fruity Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Almond and Coconut Cream Fruit Cake Recipe
- Succulent Spiced Roasted Apples with Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Danish Apple Walnut Cake Recipe
- Honeyed Fruit With Gingered Wisconsin Mascarpone Recipe
- Orange Blossom Pie Recipe
- Fresh Fruit Cake Recipe
- Charlotte With Mandarin Oranges (Charlotte Aux Oranges) Recipe