German Cherry Dessert RecipeCategory: German Dessert Recipes
1. Fresh cherries (2c)
2. sugar (6tbsp)
3. cherry brandy (3tbsp)
4. cream (1c)
5. ground almonds (1/4c)
6. vanilla extract (1/2tsp)
7. cream cheese, softened to room temperature (1c)
8. grapes (12)
9. water (2tbsp)
10. chopped nuts (2tbsp for decoration)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take cherries, wash and drain them. Take out the stones from them and keep aside about 8 cherries for decoration. Take a bowl, place cherries in it and then add cherry brandy over it.
2. Take a small pan, add water and 3 tablespoons of sugar in it and keep it to boil to make sugar syrup. Then add the syrup into the cherries and mix it well. Cover the bowl and keep it aside for about 20 minutes to soak.
3. Take grapes, cut them in halves and then divide them into 4 portions and place them in separate glass dishes. Place cherries on top.
4. Take a bowl, add cream cheese, vanilla extract, sugar and ground almonds in it and blend them properly. Whip cream and then add it into the cream cheese mixture. Put it over the cherries with spoon. Now decorate the dessert with whole cherries and chopped nuts.