Lemon Cream Cheese Strudel RecipeCategory: German Dessert Recipes
1. Grated lemon peel (1tsp)
2. powdered sugar (1/2c)
3. egg (1large)
4. cream cheese (2packages about 8 oz)
5. frozen puff pastry (1 sheet half of 17-oz package)
6. granulated sugar (1tbsp)
7. lemon juice (1tbsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take puff pastry, open it on lightly floured board. Then roll the pastry to 10 by 14 inch rectangle with floured rolling pin in rectangle shape.
2. Take a bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel and powdered sugar in it with a mixer until the mixture gets well blended.
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over pastry to make 4-inch wide bands.
3. Fold 1 long pastry edge over the filling, brush the top of edge with water. Then fold the other edge over the filling and overlapping the opposite sides of the pastry.
4. Take a lightly buttered 14 by 17 inch baking sheet; lift the roll with 2 wide spatulas and place on the baking sheet. Make shallow slashes across the pastry at 1-inch of intervals with sharp knife. Dust granulated sugar over the pastry.
5. Now place the sheet in oven and bake it for about 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees F on convection until the strudel changes to golden brown. Keep it to cool for at least 5 minutes in pan. Then cut it into 6 to 8 slices and serve it warm or cool.
Number of servings – 6 to 8