Spiced Apple Rings (Apfelkuecherl) RecipeCategory: German Dessert Recipes
1. Flour (100gms)
2. salt (a pinch)
3. butter (3 dessert spoons)
4. milk (170gms)
5. eggs (3)
6. sour apples such as Boscop or Braeburn (3)
7. ground cinnamon (1/2 to 1 tsp)
8. sugar (80gms)
9. fat for frying (400ml)
10. water (70ml)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a small pan, place it over heat. Add 70ml of milk, butter, a pinch of salt and 70 ml of water in the pan and heat this mixture.
2. Sieve flour and add it to the milk mixture and mix it for about 1 minute until the batter comes out from the sides of the pan. Put the batter in a bowl and slowly add the beaten egg in it. Stir it continuously and then add rest of the milk in it. Beat it until the mixture becomes thick.
3. Take a pan, heat fat in it. Take a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar in it. Take apples, peel and remove the core so that apples remain whole. Then cut them into rings of 1 cm thick.
4. Coat the apple rings in batter and then fry them in fat for about 2 minutes until they become golden brown. Drain the apple rings on paper towel and then dip the cinnamon and sugar mixture. When the apple rings get ready serve them with vanilla ice cream.
Makes about 18 apple rings