Ahlathia Me Sfoliata: Baked Stuffed Pears In Puff Pastry RecipeCategory: Greek Dessert Recipes
1. Pear (1)
2. puff pastry (2pre-cut 4 to 6 inch circles or 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry)
3. granulated sugar (1/2tsp)
4. brandy (1/4tsp)
5. ground cinnamon (tiny amount)
6. melted butter (1tbsp)
7. brown sugar (1tbsp)
8. raisins (1tbsp about 20 to 22)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a sheet of frozen puff pastry, open it and place to defrost it. When it gets defrosted to room temperature then cut it into 4 to 6-inch circles. Now heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take a small bowl, add melted butter, brandy, cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins in it. Mix all these ingredients until the liquid gets fully absorbed.
3. Take pear, peel it and then cut it in half, lengthwise. Now scoop out the hard core and seeds and then fill the cavity with the filling mixture and pat the filling properly.
4. Place the each pear half on the top of the pastry circle with filling side down. Cut the edges of the pastry that extended with kitchen scissors for decorative look. Dust granulated sugar over the top and then place the pastry on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Place the sheet in oven and bake it for about 15 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees until the pastry gets brown and puff up around the pears. Now pear stuffed pastry is ready to serve.
Number Of Servings – 2
More Dessert Recipes
- Sfoliatame Banana and Sokolata (Chocolate Banana Puffs) Recipe
- Baklavas Recipe
- Bougasta Me Krema: Creamy Custard Phyllo Pastry Recipe
- Mila Psita Sto Fourno: Baked Stuffed Apples Recipe
- Moustokouloura: Grape Molasses Cookies Recipe
- Cranberry Baklava Recipe
- Galatopita: Baked Custard Pie With Phyllo Recipe
- Frouta Me Koniak: Branded Fruit Recipe