Creamy Nutmeg Spiced Rice Pudding With Orange and Mint Yogurt RecipeCategory: Greek Dessert Recipes
For Rice Pudding:-
1. Basmati rice (14 oz)
2. caster sugar (1/4c)
3. vanilla pods, split, seeds scraped out (2)
4. grated fresh nutmeg (1tsp)
5. whole milk (28 oz)
For Orange and Mint Yogurt:-
1. Greek style yogurt (14 oz)
2. icing sugar (1/4c)
3. chopped fresh mint (a handful)
4. oranges, zest or juicy only (4)
1. Mint sprigs (4)
2. peeled and segmented oranges (2)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. To prepare rice pudding, take a saucepan, place it over heat. Add milk, caster sugar, vanilla pod and seeds, grated nutmeg in it. Keep this mixture to boil by stirring until the sugar gets dissolved. Now add rice, stir it well.
2. Turn down the heat to low and keep it to simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes until the liquid gets absorbed and rice becomes soft.
3. Take a small bowl, mix Greek style yogurt, icing sugar, mint, orange zest and juice in it. Place the bowl in refrigerator for about 10 to 12 minutes until it gets chill.
4. Take 4 chilled bowls; add rice pudding in the bowls. Top each serving bowl with a spoonful of orange and mint yogurt. Decorate it with mint leaves and orange segments.
Number Of Servings – 4