Crème Brulee With Mastic RecipeCategory: Greek Dessert Recipes
1. Egg yolks (8)
2. mastic or mastiha teardrops, ground (4 to 5)
3. vanilla extract (2tbsp)
4. sugar (1/3c)
5. whipping cream (3c)
6. extra sugar (for brulee)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. First heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pound the mastic tears into powder with mortar. Take a pot of medium size, add ground mastic, vanilla and cream in it. Place the pot over medium heat and then heat it to steaming hot.
2. Take off the pan from heat and keep it aside for few minutes. Take a bowl, beat eggs and sugar in it until gets mixed well. Now pour the cream mixture into the eggs and sugar mixture. Then strain the mixture to remove any cooked bits.
3. Take 8 ramekins of about 6 oz and place on 1 to 2 small pans. Pour enough boiling water into the pans to cover halfway up the ramekins. Place in oven for 30 to 35 minutes until the still jiggles. Then take out the ramekins from water and keep them to cool.
4. Cover and then place in fridge for about 2 hours. Then dust some white sugar on the top and melt and caramelize it with kitchen torch until it gets changes to deep brown in color. Keep the ramekins to cool and then serve them.
Number Of Servings – 8
More Dessert Recipes
- Tonka Bean Crème Caramel Recipe
- Halvas Me Karythia: Semolina Pudding With Walnuts Recipe
- Loukoumades Recipe
- Krema Me Mila Kai Bananes: Apple Banana A Pudding Recipe
- Karidopita Recipe
- Bougasta Me Krema: Creamy Custard Phyllo Pastry Recipe
- Tiganites Me Stafithes: Sugared Raisin Pancakes Recipe
- Frouta Me Koniak: Branded Fruit Recipe