Greek Egg Biscuits RecipeCategory: Greek Dessert Recipes
1. All purpose flour (5 1/2c)
2. eggs (5)
3. vanilla extract (1tbsp)
4. white sugar (1c)
5. unsalted butter (2c)
6. sesame seeds (1/4c)
7. baking powder (3tbsp)
8. salt (1/2tsp)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a large mixing bowl, beat butter in it until it becomes light and fluffy. Add sugar in it and beat it on medium speed for about 10 minutes. Add four of the eggs in it, one by one and beat it after each addition. Then beat vanilla in it.
2. Take a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder in it. Add this flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix it well to form soft dough. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Take cookie sheets, grease them and keep them aside. Lightly dust flour on the working surface. Take 1 inch lump of flour and roll it on the floured surface into 7 inch long and ¼ inch wide ropes. Cross the ends and twist dough in a loop in the opposite direction to form braid and then place them about 1-inch apart on cookie sheets .
4. Take a small bowl, beat rest of the egg in it. Brush the beaten egg on braid to glaze and then dust sesame seeds on the top. Place the sheets in oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Then take out the sheets from oven and keep them to cool for about 10 minutes and then place on rack to cool completely.
Makes about 96 biscuits
More Dessert Recipes
- Greek Butter Cookies Recipe
- Finikia Recipe
- Honey Pie From Sifnos Recipe
- Cranberry Baklava Recipe
- Bougasta Me Krema: Creamy Custard Phyllo Pastry Recipe
- Milopita: Open Face Apple Upside Down Pie Recipe
- Sfoliatame Banana and Sokolata (Chocolate Banana Puffs) Recipe
- Galatopita: Baked Custard Pie With Phyllo Recipe