Lathopita: Semolina Pie With Almonds RecipeCategory: Greek Dessert Recipes
1. All purpose flour (1 1/5c)
2. fine semolina (3 1/4c)
3. sugar (2 3/4c)
4. olive oil (3 1/2c)
5. water (3c + 2 1/2tbsp)
6. white sesame seeds (1tbsp)
7. whole blanched almonds
8. ground cloves (1/2tsp)
9. ground cinnamon (1tbsp)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a pot, place it over medium heat. Add water, sugar and oil in it. Keep this mixture to boil for about 5 minutes by stirring until the sugar gets dissolved. Add semolina in it and mix it with wooden spoon until it gets mixed with the liquid.
2. Add flour, cloves, cinnamon in it and cook it for about 10 minutes by stirring regularly. Take off the pot from the heat and keep it to cool. Now heat the oven to 425 degrees F or 220 degrees C.
3. Take a large baking pan of 9*11-inch, place the semolina mixture in it and then spread it lightly. Make the top in diamond shapes and then place whole almond in the center of each diamond and dust the sesame seeds over it.
4. Place the pan in oven and bake it for about 45 minutes at 425 degrees F. When the pie gets ready then take it out from oven and keep it to cool and then make about 20 small diamond shape pieces and serve them.
More Dessert Recipes
- Melekouni Recipe
- Finikia Recipe
- Halvas Me Karythia: Semolina Pudding With Walnuts Recipe
- Kydonia Sto Fourno: Sweet Baked Quince Recipe
- Xerotigana: Honey Dipped Spiral Pastries Recipe
- Moustalevia: Grape Must Pudding Recipe
- Pasteli: Sesame Honey Candy Recipe
- Galatopita: Baked Custard Pie With Phyllo Recipe