Moustokouloura: Grape Molasses Cookies RecipeCategory: Greek Dessert Recipes
1. Grape molasses or petimezi (1/2c)
2. olive oil (1/2c)
3. all purpose flour (6c)
4. ground cloves (1/2tsp)
5. ground cinnamon (1/2tsp)
6. orange juice (1/2c)
7. baking soda (1/2tsp)
8. brandy (1/4c)
9. sugar (1/2c)
10. baking powder (2tsp)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a bowl, add brandy in it and then dissolve baking soda in it. Take another bowl, mix flour and baking powder in it.
2. Take a saucepan, mix grape molasses, oil and sugar in it. Mix the ingredients well and then keep it to boil until it gets blended completely.
3. Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl and mix orange juice, brandy, cloves and cinnamon in it. Then slowly add flour in it and mix it to form dough. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take dough and pat it into thick cookies in oval or round shape.
4. Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake them for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. When the cookies get baked then take them out from oven and keep them to cool.
Makes about 25 to 35 Molasses Cookies