Sweet Yogurt Sundae With Saffron and Pomegranate RecipeCategory: Greek Dessert Recipes
1. Pomegranate (1/2)
2. honey (1/4c)
3. plain yogurt (4c)
4. kiwi (2)
5. ground cardamom (1/4tsp)
6. freshly grated nutmeg (1/4tsp)
7. saffron strands (a large pinch)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a large colander or sieve, line it with cheese cloth. Place it over a bowl. Add yogurt in colander and keep it to drain for about 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator. Then throw out water and put yogurt again in bowl and then mix cardamom, nutmeg and honey in it.
2. Take a small dry frying pan, place it over medium heat. Lightly toast saffron strands in it until they get brittle. Take off the pan from heat and place saffron on a plate. Keep them to cool and then crush the strands with your finger.
3. Take out seeds from the pomegranate and cut kiwi into small pieces. Take dessert cups, then put the layer of yogurt, fruit and saffron in these cups. Now the yogurt sundae is ready to serve.
Number Of Servings – 8