Wheat Halwa RecipeCategory: Greek Dessert Recipes
1. Whole wheat grains (1c)
2. ghee (4tbsp)
3. cardamom (4)
4. sugar (1 ½ c)
5. saffron color (a pinch)
6. For Garnish:- Chopped dry fruits like almonds, cashew, and pistachios lightly fired in 2 teaspoon of ghee
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take wheat, wash it and soak it in a bowl for about 12 hours. Then grind it in a mixer by adding 1 cup of water. Now strain it to get thick milk. Add more 1 cup of water and strain it again. Only the husk will remain in the sieve. Add enough water to squeeze out all the milk.
2. Take a heavy bottomed pan, place it over low heat. Pour wheat milk in it and add sugar in it. Cook it by stirring it regularly. When the halwa begins to get thicken then add ghee in it. Then mix cardamom powder and saffron color in it. Keep on cooking the halwa until you can roll it into a ball shape.
3. Now sauté chopped dry fruits in ghee and sprinkle over the halwa. Now spread the halwa on greased plate and keep it to cool and then cut it in different shapes. Now wheat halwa is ready to serve.
Number Of Servings – 3
More Dessert Recipes
- Sweet Yogurt Sundae With Saffron and Pomegranate Recipe
- Krema Me Mila Kai Bananes: Apple Banana A Pudding Recipe
- Krema Vanilla: Basic Vanilla Corn Starch Pudding Recipe
- Frouta Me Koniak: Branded Fruit Recipe
- Tonka Bean Crème Caramel Recipe
- Galatopita: Baked Custard Pie With Phyllo Recipe
- Greek Quesadilla Recipe
- Greek Honey Cake Recipe