Italian Cream Cheese Layer Cake RecipeCategory: Creamed Cake Recipes, Italian Dessert Recipes
This cake looks very beautiful with different layer of cheese.
1. All purpose flour (2c)
2. buttermilk (1c)
3. egg yolk (4eggs)
4. egg whites (4eggs)
5. baking soda (1tsp)
6. butter (1/2c)
7. shortening (1/2c)
8. vegetable oil (1/2c)
9. vanilla (1tsp)
10. white sugar (2c)
11. flaked coconut (1pkg)
12. chopped pecans (1c)
13. softened cream cheese (1packet)
14. softened butter or margarine (1/2c)
15. confectioner sugar (4c)
16. vanilla extract (1tsp)
17. chopped pecans (1c)
Method of preparation:-
1. First heat the oven to 325 degrees’. Take 3 round baking pans of 9 inches and grease them. Take a bowl, mix buttermilk and soda in it and keep it aside for few minutes.
2. Take a large bowl, put butter, shortening, sugar and oil in it and beat them. Add egg yolks one at a time, beat all the ingredients well. Then mix the buttermilk mixture and flour in the creamed mixture. Add these alternately and then add vanilla extract in it.
3. Take a large bowl, mix egg whites in it until gets foamy. Mix 1/3 of beaten egg whites in batter and then add the leftover beaten egg whites in it. Then add pecans and coconuts in it.
4. Now pour the batter into the greased baking pans. Place the pans in oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Then take off the cake from the oven and cool it.
5. For Frosting; take a bowl, beat cream cheese, margarine or butter, confectioner sugar and vanilla. Mix a cup of chopped pecans. Now fill the cake with this frosting.