Pepperkakor RecipeCategory: Italian Dessert Recipes
Make this recipe for Christmas. It is absolutely delicious. Enjoy it.
1. All purpose flour (3 1/4c)
2. egg (1)
3. softened butter or margarine (1c)
4. light colored corn syrup (1tbsp)
5. ground cloves (2tsp)
6. baking soda (2tsp)
7. ground ginger (2tsp)
8. ground cinnamon (2tbsp)
9. sugar (1 1/2c)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a large bowl, beat butter or margarine in it with electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds. Add egg, sugar, corn syrup and beat it until gets fluffy for about 15 minutes.
2. Take a medium size bowl, mix flour, baking soda and spices in it. Then add this mixture to the butter mixture. Beat it until gets smooth. Now divide the dough into 4 portions.
3. Place one portion of dough on floured surface and roll it into 1/16 inch thickness. Cut it into 2 inch heart shape. Place this on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Place the sheet in oven and bake it for 7 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees F. Now take off the sheet from the oven and place it on the wire rack to cool it. Repeat the same process to make 15 dozen. These baked cookies can be placed in container and freeze for up to 3 months.