Almond Ice Cream RecipeCategory: Ice Cream & Sorbets, Spanish Dessert Recipes
1. Water (8c)
2. blanched almonds (1 pound about 3 rounded cups)
3. cinnamon (1stick)
4. grated lemon zest (2tbsp)
5. sugar (2 1/2c)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a food processor or a blender, grind almonds in it. Take a heavy saucepan, mix sugar, cinnamon stick, lemon zest, water and half of the almonds in it.
2. Place the pan over high heat and keep the mixture to boil by stirring regularly. Turn down the heat to medium and then add the rest of the almonds in it. Keep on stirring as soon as the mixture boils again. Now take off the pan from heat and keep it to cool.
3. Put the cooled mixture in the ice-cream maker to freeze it. If you do not have ice-cream maker then take a 4-cup container of plastic or stain less steel and then put the mixture in the cups of it. Place the container in the freezer for about 1 hour or until it gets half frozen.
4. During freezing hour, take out ice-cream from the freezer every 5 to 10 minutes and then beat it to prevent the forming of ice crystal. After the first hour, place the ice-cream back to the freezer and leave it for at least 2 hours until it gets fully frozen.
5. Take out ice-cream from the freezer 20 minutes before serving to make it soften slightly. Then place the ice-cream in serving dishes with spoon and serve it.
Makes about 1 ½ pints