Easy Galletitas RecipeCategory: Spanish Dessert Recipes
1. All purpose flour (2tbsp)
2. sugar cookie mix (1 pouch about 1.5 oz)
3. vanilla (1tsp)
4. rum (2tbsp) or rum extract (1tsp)
5. anise seed (2tbsp)
6. butter or margarine, softened (1/3c)
7. egg (1)
8. cloves (1/2tsp)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a small bowl, mix anise, vanilla and rum extract in it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and then keep it aside for about 1 hour to soak.
2. Take a large bowl, add cookie mix, cloves and flour in it and the ingredients well. Then add egg, butter, anise seed and rum vanilla liquid in it. Mix it well to make soft dough.
3. Cover the dough and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to make it stiff. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take cookie sheets and grease them.
4. Take 1/3 of dough; roll it on the lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Then cut the rolled dough into 2 ½ inch round with a cookie cutter. Then place the rounds on the sheets about 2 inches apart. Make more cookies in the same way.
5. Now place the sheets in oven and bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for about 7 to 10 minutes until the edges of the cookies get light golden brown in color.
6. Take out the sheets from the oven and keep them to cool for about 5 minutes. Then place the cookies on rack to cool. Store the cookies in a container and keep at room temperature.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
More Dessert Recipes
- Montecados (Spanish Cookies) Recipe
- Rosquillos De Vino (Wine Ring Cookies) Recipe
- Spanish Sesame Rings Recipe
- Crispy Spanish Almond Cookies (Crispy Polvorones) Recipe
- Panellets (Catalan All Saints Cookies) Recipe
- Empanadas Recipe
- Spanish Aniseed Sweet Bread Recipe
- Bunuelos or Spanish Doughnuts Recipe