Lemon and Rum Cheesecake With Strawberry Compote RecipeCategory: Spanish Dessert Recipes, Srawberry Dessert Recipes
1. All purpose flour (1 1/2c)
2. dry yeast (1envelope)
3. salt (1/2tsp)
4. egg yolks (3large)
5. whole milk (1/4c)
6. chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cube (6tbsp or 3/4stick)
7. grated lemon peel (1tsp)
8. sugar (1/4c)
9. vanilla extract (2tsp)
1. All purpose flour (1tbsp)
2. sugar (1c)
3. vanilla extract (2tsp)
4. egg yolks (3large)
5. grated lemon peel (2tsp)
6. dark rum (2tbsp)
7. whipping cream (2/3c)
8. cream cheese at room temperature (1 ½ packages about 8 ounce)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. For Crust; take a spring form of 10- inch, butter it. Take a food processor, mix flour, grated lemon peel, yeast, sugar and ½ teaspoon of salt in it. Blend the mixture for about 5 seconds and then add chilled butter in it.
2. Cut in the butter with on and off turns until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Then add egg yolks, whole milk and vanilla extract in it and blend the mixture to form dough.
3. Make small balls of dough and place them on the bottom of the spring form pan, press them to the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan with wrap and keep it in warm place for about 2 hours to rise in size.
4. For Filling; first heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take a large bowl, add flour, cream cheese and sugar in it and beat the ingredients until they get well blended. Beat eggs in it one by one.
5. Then add whipping cream, vanilla extract, grated lemon peel and dark rum in it. Mix the ingredients until the mixture becomes smooth. Then place the filling on the crust. Bake the cake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until the center gets set and sides get puffed.
6. Take out the pan from oven and cool it to cool in pan and then place on rack to cool completely. Now cut the cake into wedges and serve with strawberry compote.
Number Of Servings – 12
More Dessert Recipes
- Bizcochos Borrachos (Drunken Sponge Cakes) Recipe
- Crema De Naranja Recipe
- Chocolate and Almond Cake (Pastel De Chocolate Almendras) Recipe
- Cinnamon Ice Cream Recipe
- Spanish Tea Cake With Icing Recipe
- Easy Spanish Cherry Dessert Recipe
- Spanish Almond Cream (Bienmesabe) Recipe
- Spanish Fried Milk Recipe