Spanish Almond Cakes RecipeCategory: Spanish Dessert Recipes
1. Blanched peeled almonds (9 oz)
2. eggs (4)
3. flaked almonds (1/4c)
4. cinnamon (1tsp)
5. zest of 1 lemon
6. sugar (4 oz)
7. butter and flour (to grease the pans)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take an electric grinder, add almonds and grind them with a little sugar to prevent the almonds from going oily.
2. Take a large bowl, beat eggs in it with the rest of the sugar. Use an electric beater to beat eggs and sugar mixture until it becomes light and fluffy. If you beat the mixture by hand then first beat egg yolks, then add almonds in it and then egg whites in it. Beat this mixture until it gets stiff. Add lemon zest and cinnamon in it and then add ground almonds in it.
3. Take 6 to 8 tart pans, grease and dust the pans with flour. Pour the mixture in the pans and dust almonds flakes over the mixture. Place the tart pans in oven and bake them for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Take out the pans from oven and then remove the cakes from the pans while hot and keep them to cool.
Makes about 6 to 8 cakes
More Dessert Recipes
- Bizcochos Borrachos (Drunken Sponge Cakes) Recipe
- Spanish Almond Cream (Bienmesabe) Recipe
- Panellets (Catalan All Saints Cookies) Recipe
- Almond Ice Cream Recipe
- Chocolate and Almond Cake (Pastel De Chocolate Almendras) Recipe
- Magdalenas (Spanish Cakes) Recipe
- Sorbete de limón Recipe
- Bunuelos De Viento (Light As Air Spanish Fritters) Recipe