Spanish Lemon Sorbet RecipeCategory: Ice Cream & Sorbets, Spanish Dessert Recipes
1. Sweetened condensed milk, whole or fat free (1 can about 9 oz)
2. grated rind of 1 lemon
3. lemon juice (2c)
4. cinnamon stick (1small)
5. water (1 1/2c)
6. granulated sugar (1 1/2c about 300 gms)
Method Of Preparation:-
1. Take a saucepan of medium size, add water and dissolve sugar in it and add cinnamon stick in it. Place the pan over high heat and keep the mixture to boil for about 10 minutes by stirring regularly. Squeeze out juice from lemons in it.
2. After 10 minutes, take off the pan from heat. Measure it and pour it in a bowl and then keep it to cool for about 15 minutes. When it gets cooled slightly then it becomes syrup.
3. Take out cinnamon stick from the syrup and add grated lemon peel and juice in it. Mix it properly and then cover the bowl tightly and place it in the freezer for about 2 to 2 ½ hours until it gets frozen.
4. When it gets frozen then takes it out from the freezer and gently adds condensed milk in it and mixes it well. Again place it in the freezer until it gets frozen. Then take it out from freezer and serve it in serving bowl.
Number Of Servings – 6